Sunday, March 9, 2008

Burgers BUT not just any Burger !

After the late night we awoke to a surprise – fresh baked croissant from the bakery – my favourite – yum-yum! We had to wait for some building supplies to be delivered, then off we went. Robert & Geoff had been very considerate and hired a 7-seater car, four seats for the humans and three for me, I have them well trained. It was still a bit gusty, but sunny. We headed off to Marseillan, where we visited last year and they do the splendid burgers. All the way down in the car I kept them focussed through my telepathic powers, think burger, think burger. While here I go some new pictures taken, see my special request posting .


As soon as we arrived at the quaint little port we went straight to the café where they serve the fabulous burgers – I tell you Darren Brown has nothing on me. Cheeseburger, Baconburger, Cheesburger. Robert said he would have a salad, yes a salad Cheeseburger! I must point out that we had not travelled to the South of France for just any burgers. These are hand made beef pates, and taste delicious, really (beats macadoos anyday!) We sat in the sun. It was heaven (see pic). Then we went for a walk around town. We spotted some promotional material for an upcoming concert at the local theatre, and I thought I recognized the sponsor from London, who knows if its true ! (only Mark can tell us )
Mark is this true just a few tickets left ?



Next stop was Peveres, an historic old town full of patisseries in little tiny streets and quite a number of art and antique shops . As usual I was fussed ever so much. One dear old lady asked what “make” I was – I asked you – Geoff suggested a Fiat Cinquecento – just wait Geoff – my powers are increasing! (I feel a shortage on your plumbing order coming on – what’s a tap between friends – a nods as good as a lick!) everybody knows I am a Porsche!

I met a couple of really cute puppies, but forgot to take a picture. You will just have to trust me they were cute, and that’s from a dog who is not into puppies!

Then it looked like we may never return home again. It seemed they had set up a business each, and we would live happy ever after in the Med sun. What else than an Estate Agent for Guy (wheeler dealer!) and the foodie with a Pizza restaurant (well maybe not – just a shabby van – no comment !)
Guy has an estate agency


And Alan a little "mobile" business


Then we noticed the winds had dropped and it was great walking round town. There was a statue in a fountain, they said perhaps one like it would look good in our front garden (well have to ask Lynne and Iain when we get back (but I think I know the answer !)
Val bet you wish you were here ?


On our way back home we went through some great countryside, with lots of fields if fruit trees all in blossom, The late afternoon sun, is Alan’s favourite and I see why, it was so yellow and mellow, with the fields of trees and vines, the châteaux, (two were up for sale, the best €2m, so we wont be living there any time yet ). We will have to see it with leaves and grapes one day, we only see it in the spring, and the wild flowers.

Dinner was great again, but just the 5 of us tonight, well 4½ cus I am drifting off, its all that fresh air. The evening ends a bit earlier than last night, cus we are all a bit battered.

Its been a fabulous couple of days again, (they now how to enjoy life in the South of France, and that was without our mate Val being there (just look what you missed Val, a shop full of shoes and handbags – even one pair of shoes, shoes, heals everything clear as glass – must be Cinders !)

I know Alan has enjoyed hanging his driving gloves up for a couple of days,.

Thanks Guys , see you back home