Tuesday, March 11, 2008

All good things come to an end




Samur was a good stop again, it was just the weather that took the edge off. Lots of wind and rain, so we stayed in catching up with nothing in particular, waiting for a dry patch. By the time we had had lunch things were getting brighter. The humans got the coats out, pocketed a CD thing they had done with my blog, and into town to find an Internet café. Just when we got to the most exposed part of the route, the heavens opened, and we got a bit wet. Then the sun came out and things calmed down, all the streets in the town were investigated. But for once, not one café found, we think the town is too posh to have one. But ever resourceful, either their keen eyes or sensitive noses found a wifi BAR, now isn’t that interesting, a bar on a leisurely Sunday afternoon !. Houston we have another problem – Have CD in pocket, laptop back in Priscilla….

Our complete route 5546km and it was great.

Even better I get two walks, cus know they have to go back and get the PC. Quick turnaround, we are on our way back (I have this inkling that’s it may be the bar calling more than logging on !) but hey its sunny, Sunday and were on holiday AND I can join them in a café/bar, so lets get there. It was quite busy, we sat undercover in the outside area,(were every one was cus they all like to watch the people go by). Spoilt to start with by an English women with a French man, who I think must have been deaf, or her volume control was stuck on full. Worse was the fact the conversation sounded like a soap opera script, one were you just want to slash your paws, its so depressing. Thank heavens she left, I was about to do some acting and show her my teeth and growl, to see if I could save everyone in the café the agony.


In Samur they even put signs in the gutter to show me where to cock my leg. Attention to detail !


We sat quite some time (surprise that in’it) they said the connection was slow, and the pics weren’t go up. Anyway I got admired, and enjoyed sitting in a bar. On route back we stopped at a really fancy patisserie, and got some French Tarts – sorry little cakes for afternoon tea. When your in a posh town you have to do high tea !

We enjoyed the dramatic sky as sun set, and settled for our evening at home.

Dad had ordered fresh croissant from reception, so the day started well. And we were soon off, back on the road. Our navigator seemed to have had a good night too, as he got it all right, if only he could have told us we needed a mortgage to pay the toll again €37, no wonder it seemed like we were the only ones on the road.

They had decided that, because Honfleur, (as you may recall from the beginning of the blog) does not do electric/water on the Aire in winter to stay elsewhere. That being Camping le Bruyere, about 10km south. Again a big site for the summer, but there was only us and one other Dutch guest. In season there is an inside and outside pool, bars, market, and entertainment. The pitches were grass, and having parked up decided to get permission to pitch up on the roadway. The forecast was for severe storms, Alan was concerned we may not get off a grass pitch if it got any wetter. The owner understood and we got sorted. It was windy as well; we could not watch TV for a lot of the night as the dish was trying to be a Frisbee.

They were telling me that when they came over with their friends Chris and Laurent, on the motorbikes (I think they call them Harleys) they stayed at a guesthouse about 1km away. In fact when we left we went by it, they were saying they could not see the donkey who lived in the field who had broken the foot of the guesthouse owner by standing on him. Hope it was revenge. Then they passed by the supermarket where they had the “shopping experience” something they said Laurent would understand!

We survived another stormy night and are now in Honfleur, I have been to see my lady doctor and am legal to return home.

As its “bubbles” time for them its jumbone time for me, and I must thank my mate Debbie. She trawled the shops for my chews at discount price and got me 4 dozen large ones, which has meant I have enjoyed one every evening of our adventure, how kind of her was that?

So this is it, I’ve been round town, they have been looking at which restaurant to go to tonight (I’m staying in, going to be busy day tomorrow. Guy is hoping the wind is not too bad in the morning cus we have to go over those 2 really high bridges, before we get on route to Calais. They say we are on a train at 2pm, and then we just have to get through the bad forecast weather in UK to get home.


How many times do I have to tell them I cannot use a French Keyboard



So that its friends. Another winter adventure over again. Hope you have enjoyed my blog, and that either it was informative, if your planning to do something similar. Or, if not, you may have had a smile or two at our antics.

Its good buy from me, and its good buy from them

Leopold
Bellissimo
Bonito




Distance today : 520 km
Total do date : 5271 km
Planned tomorrow 275km

TOTAL TRIP 5546km (last year 5485km)

Tolls : € 37.00
Best diesel price: € 1.34Lt
LPG € 0.80 lt